Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

zack1987
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  6:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Just was wondering about some of your experiences with Obagi products. Interested to know howthey work for the rest of you out there

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Zack
Obagi is great! It's been around for a while (1988). Obagi Nu derm is a line that really works for me and the friends I have recommeneded it to. It totally clears away blemishes and evens out the texture and complextion of the skin. I have complete confidence in this product. It must be used as directed.
Go to Top of Page

MBC
Gold Member Enjoys 10% Discount

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  08:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was reading online that the Obagi skin fader has 4% hydroquione in it. Have you tried this product and if you have do you find it very drying?
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  4:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't find the hydroquione in the "Clear" very drying at all. However, I do find the retin-a drying and a bit harsh (you mix a little bit with the "Blender" to slought off old acne marks and for skin rejuvenation).
Go to Top of Page

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  08:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura,

I was wondering, do you use the entire Obagi line or just the blender and clear products? I am curious to know if I can get away with trying just one of their products to test it on my skin but if they work in conjunction with one another then I may look into buying both the blender and clear.
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  9:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For years I used the whole Nu-derm line (the "normal/oily" starter kit). In doing so, I had to get a prescription from my family doc for retin-a/vitamin A (to mix with the Blender). Now the pharmacutical retin-a are harsh on my skin (which is, as i've mentioned before, very sensitive and very oily). There are many different types of retin-a/vitamin A but the pharmacutical ones are just too harsh for me. I spoke to some beauticians who recommended that I try Skin TX because its Retinol is both low dose and slow release and thus, less harsh. What a difference it made! So now I am experimenting with Skin TX, which offers a little more moisturior (which is good in during colder drier months). The Skin TX products are very creamy and soft which makes them easier to apply.

I think, however, I like the Obagi products more. I feel its products are more effective in treating acne and blemishes. I think I am going to stick with the Obagi products.

You could just use the Blender and Clear (that's what my friend does, and I do too when funds are low), but I find the treatment more is considerably more effective when the whole system is used.
Go to Top of Page

Steph411
Average Member

Canada
205 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  3:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was interested in trying one of the obagi cleansers. I have oily skin but it's also very sensitive. I notice that obagi have fragrance in all of their products, has anyone used these products and had a reaction to the fragrance? Anyone with sensitive skin using these products?

Steph
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  7:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stephanie,
My skin is terribly sensitive and I have used serveral of Obagis products for years without suffering much irritation.

-L
Go to Top of Page

Steph411
Average Member

Canada
205 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  08:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which obagi cleanser do you use?

Steph
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  08:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Obagi Nu-derm Foaming Gel
Go to Top of Page

Steph411
Average Member

Canada
205 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  02:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have sensitive skin?? Do you find the nu-derm to be harsh?

Steph
Go to Top of Page

laurab
Average Member

Canada
312 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  08:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steph,

Yes i do have sensitive skin. Sometimes I do have to play with the the Nu-derm if I notice that my skin is becoming irritated. For instance, some mornings I would skip the Exfoliderm for a few days and the retin-a. And some days I would apply the Clear just once instead of twice a day. And sometimes I when my skin was extra dry or sensitive I would use a heavy non-obagi moisturizer like Skinceuticals Emollience. After about 1.5 months my skin was clear and I received lots of compliments. Try not to pick your skin when using this line. When I added the Vit C serum to it -- my skin looked stunning. I try to be kind to my skin and not use too much of anything, too fast or too often otherwise I always end up with a nightmare.
I hope this note helps.

Go to Top of Page

Steph411
Average Member

Canada
205 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  10:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! :)

Steph
Go to Top of Page

MBC

Canada
603 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  11:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'vw been reading the ingredients list on the fader and it says it has Glycerin in it. I have a strong suspicion that that will not be good for my oily prone skin although I do understand why they would include it in their product (I'm thinking to help with dryness). It looks like I won't be trying Obagi afterall.
Go to Top of Page

atinati
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  10:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to share my experience with Obagi Nu-derm. It has only been 8 days since I started using a travel kit for normal/dry skin. I`m 33 with sensitive combination skin, mild but consistent adult acne, very bad postinflammatory hyperpigmenation and melasma, especially on my forehead. My skin can get quite oily, especially in my T-zones but some of the products for oily skin usually make it very dry, so I decided to use a normal/dry formula rather than an oily/normal formula. I am already noticing that my dark spots are significantly brighter and some of the small ones have completely disappeared. My pores are perfectly clean and unclogged, even in my 5x magnifying mirror. I have not had any active blemishes for the last 5 weeks. I started using Retin A Micro about a month before Obagi and experienced moderate peeling and irritation for the first 2-3 weeks. I believe my redness and peeling related to using Obagi would have been significantly worse if I had not started using Retin A first. In another words, my skin was already adjusted to Retin A when I started using Obagi Nu-derm. Obagi made my skin dry, reddish and peeling every morning and evening, mostly around my mouth. Skin on my nose and forehead is quite thick and has not started peeling yet. Quite a few people asked me if I had a sunburn or why my face was red or I can see the same questions in other people`s eyes but I still have to go to work. I only wear tinted moisturizer and do not really need to conceal my dark spots. I am doing this without dermatologist`s supervision. I am a physician myself and hope I can handle any side effects I might have. It has not been very difficult so far. Even with the redness, my skin only looked better when I was under 12.

atinati

Edited by - atinati on 01/22/2011 7:58:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sara

USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  2:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sure you will like the resuts in a few weeks atinati! Its a little bumpy the first few weeks but the side effects will decrease. I recommend the Action or the Comfort Gel's also with the system to help your skin tolerate the extra dryness and peeling.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
eSkinStore Forum © eSkinCareStore - eSkinStore Go To Top Of Page