Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sinsin
Gold Member Enjoys 10% Discount

Canada
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  3:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually don't eat unhealthy food, but ever since it's the holiday season, I've been eating A LOT of chocolate. For example, I ate a box of Ferrero Rocher in two days. That's right, I ate a big box of chocolate in two days.... I don't have an issue with my weight -- well, not yet -- but I'm feeling it... Hahahahah

How about you guys? Are you guys gaining the holiday pounds? How much weight do you guys tend to gain during the holidays?

ludexbebe
Average Member

Canada
232 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  8:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
funny i was about to goto the gym.. sitting on the computer killing some digestion time though cause i just had dinner. i am the same way i usually eat healthy and dont eat sweets often but the holiday chocolate came rolling about at the beginning of dec and i ate a lot of it. i noticed weight gain or "softness" in my body last week. totally turned me off so i dont plan on eating much sweets or junky holiday treats cause it just turns me off. i plan not to gain any weight and treat the holidays like every day and eat healthy.. i get brainwashed by everyone whos like "its the holidays u can gain a lil.. or eat chocolate.. its the holiidays" as an excuse to eat junk... like my mom or girl friends. they can gain the all the holiday weight they want but i dont want to get dragged down that path. haha. plus its not like i bigtime enjoy eating those things anyway.. its just the 'holiday' part hooks me.

quote:
Originally posted by sinsin

I usually don't eat unhealthy food, but ever since it's the holiday season, I've been eating A LOT of chocolate. For example, I ate a box of Ferrero Rocher in two days. That's right, I ate a big box of chocolate in two days.... I don't have an issue with my weight -- well, not yet -- but I'm feeling it... Hahahahah

How about you guys? Are you guys gaining the holiday pounds? How much weight do you guys tend to gain during the holidays?

Go to Top of Page

sinsin

Canada
504 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2009 :  2:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow morning... I've been told that I will most likely lose weight because I won't be able to eat. I think that's my main excuse to eat whatever I want right now hahahaha. So dreading it...
Ludexbebe, your post inspired me though! After I read it, I can't help but feel the urge to workout! I didn't though because I'm still writing my 20 page paper for one of my classes...
After this 20 page paper, I still have another 20 page paper to write... oh the joy....
Go to Top of Page

ludexbebe
Average Member

Canada
232 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2009 :  3:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol the easiest way to lose weight alright! u cant eat half the stuff u sually do for a few weeks! im pretty fit i just enjoy working out.. i just have trouble staying away from bad carbs like bread is my weakness but it causes major bloatingggggg
Go to Top of Page

sinsin

Canada
504 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  12:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is it.... 8 more hours and then it's wisdom teeth time...
wish me luck!! I am actually quite nervous....
Go to Top of Page

Coffeebean
Average Member

Canada
279 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  3:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck sinsin...I had mine taken out almost 10 yrs ago now...the part I dreaded the most was the anesthetic LOL It always is, that needle scares me more than anything else!!
It's funny, I *LOSE* weight around the holidays...it could be my stress and general negative attitude towards ppl on the roads & at the malls LoL Not joking, I get almost homicidal at the malls b/c ppl just can't control their kids!!! I hate Ferrero Rocher...I think I'm the ONLY person to hate it. I don't crave sweets, so I don't get sucked into that, I do go out to eat a bit more around this time, but maybe the cold weather outside helps my body from storing excess fat! Ha! (Currently -40 outside, that's the high).
The best way to get motivated...play Wii Fit! It really does get your heart pumping, and the time goes by so much faster than traditional gyms!
Go to Top of Page

ludexbebe
Average Member

Canada
232 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  7:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha i wanted a wii fit for xmas this year but i opted for a new gym memebership instead. tough choice!
good luck sin sin!
Go to Top of Page

sinsin

Canada
504 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  1:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!
I am in pain, but bearable pain... Note to all mothers or teens or just to anyone... GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH OUT in your late teens and latest age 25! If your dentist doesn't keep an eye out for your wisdom teeth, then that dentist is not a good one.
My terrible dentist told me SEVERAL times (from age 18 till a couple of months ago) that my wisdom teeth are fine and that it won't cause me any trouble. Well! After visiting my brother's friend in New York, he was shocked and appalled. He wished me luck b/c all my wisdom teeth are impacted and the longer I wait to get them out, the more pain I will be in -- your jaw 'sets' every 5 years or so.
Soooo yeah... get them out!

NOTE (reason for my edit): My brother's friend, a dentist, told me that a lot of dentists wait on their patients' wisdom teeth because they can charge more on the extraction. But dentists (and not oral surgeons) can only actually extract erupted wisdom teeth well, and that anything that's along the lines of impacted teeth should be left for oral surgeons.

Edited by - sinsin on 12/16/2009 01:57:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

ludexbebe
Average Member

Canada
232 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  4:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol thats so funny.. ppl that we're taught here in n.america to trust doctors and "profesionals" turn out to be the most corrupt of all. same with doctors who dont heal u and keep prescribing you drugs that make other parts of your body worse.. they are worse than drug dealers cause they want to keep you dependent for years and make other problems for u so u have to keep coming back to them and getting even more drugs
Go to Top of Page

sinsin

Canada
504 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  4:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES! That's why it's very important to find the right doctor. I really hate my dentist. He selects patients to jib or not to jib. And unfortunately, I'm on the jibbed list. There's nothing I can do about it now though... oh! BTW, it's going to take me an extra two weeks to heal because my left tooth on my lower jaw was rather close to my nerve... yeah, it's numbed right now... so along with my calcified (sp? that's when my jaw sets every five years) and the nerve, I'm in loads of pain... hahaha....
Anyway, all I can say is, get yours or your love ones wisdom teeth removed asap and if your dentist suggests something else... consult another dentist....
Go to Top of Page

Coffeebean
Average Member

Canada
279 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  01:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is appalling sinsin! BTW, I love my dentist, I look forward to seeing him every 6 months, on the dot! I'm probably the only person who loves my dentist, but I do, and I enjoy getting my teeth cleaned every 6 months...he sees me for like 3 minutes, but I love him!!!
Being Asian, the one thing I have definitely noticed is that I grew up here and all dentists here will suggest getting your wisdom teeth out. My mom & aunt, from hong kong have their wisdom teeth intact...their dentists never suggested anything about it, it's like a foreign concept apparently back there. When I was 16, I started having issues with something at the back of the jaw and apparently, a wisdom tooth was crooked and it was trying to come out, but it was pushing on the last tooth. That led to gum infection, which led to emergency surgery done by the dentist. He was surprised that it caused problems so soon, so he xrayed the others and they seem to be "straight". So I waited till after my first year in college and he referred me to an oral surgeon to get the rest out. LIke I said, waiting for the anesthesiologist was the worst thing ever LoL!
Anyways, my dentist back then (now retired), is Chinese, but his philosophy was much more akin to North America, so I loved him. He never tried to refer me for braces, even tho I needed them badly, he only suggested that it would help, and it took me 6 yrs to realize that he was right, and he referred me to a decent dude (expensive tho!) I have found a new dentist, who's really really thorough, again, he spends like 2 minutes with me, but he's good.
Back to the real point-- you should get them out early, but the most important thing is to do it with an oral surgeon. Trust me, I've experienced both, and the smell of burning gums is quite repulsive, and it took like 2 hrs to get it done!! With the oral surgeon (not only was he hot LoL), it took like 45 minutes for the whole procedure.
Go to Top of Page

sarahlove
Silver Member Enjoys 5% Discount

Canada
50 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  12:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh my gosh i absolutely binge durin the holidays..im always being invited and also inviting people over to eat eat and eat.. so thats why i do.. eat.
Go to Top of Page

anika

50 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  6:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to eat but I hate to get fat! :)
Go to Top of Page

tash

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  1:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the holidays can attack us !

Tash :)
Go to Top of Page

bbold604
Average Member

263 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  10:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always gain weight during the holidays! Sucks.

; P
Go to Top of Page

Pinkybee
Silver Member Enjoys 5% Discount

150 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  06:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always feel horrible after eating too much and swear to not eat the other day, while it never works.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
eSkinStore Forum © eSkinCareStore - eSkinStore Go To Top Of Page